The Salmon Puff
It has finally happened… I have jumped on the salmon bandwagon. I guess it was bound to happen eventually with the amount of sashimi ‘forced’ down my throat thanks to their presence in many Japanese banquet menus. The final part of my transformation into a ‘salmon-lover’ was complete when I bought some smoked salmon to cook with… BY CHOICE! Below is the recipe for a salmon entree item that was very easy to whip up, requiring ONLY FOUR INGREDIENTS!
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
100g sliced smoked salmon
1/3 - 1/2 cup sour cream
2 sprigs of dill, plus one extra to garnish, chopped
1. Cut the thawed puff pastry sheet into four squares and pleat the sides to form the edge of the pie.
2. Cook the pastry according to the directions listed on the package.
3. In a bowl, combine the chopped dill with the sour cream.
4. Once the pastry bases are cooked, allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before placing the slices of smoked salmon on top.
5. Add a dollop of the dill+sour cream, and garnish with some chopped dill.